Enter your email address here:

2.18.2015

How I Spent My Valentines Night: Basketmouth Uncensored

















This Valentines I attended the GT bank Basketmouth uncensored event at the HMV Apollo in London. It was absolutely amped and I was so excited to be attending! The event is a comedy variety show put on every year by Basketmouth and his team. However, this year was the biggest so far, with 1500 free tickets going out to students studying within the UK. I was lucky to get a hold of one of these tickets myself... thanks guys. The event was hosted by the main man himself and featured musical performances from the likes of  Patoranking, Olamide and Star Boy Wizzy aka Wizkid who ended the show with his new single 'Ojuelegba'. The comedians of the show were all very funny but admittedly I found it hard to understand the Pidgin English used in most of the performances however, it was still an enjoyable evening. Other than Basketmouth my favorite comedians of the night were definitely, with out question, Salvador from Uganda and Aje Baba from Nigeria. They were so hilarious, had me in stitches with every joke (maybe because I could understand them better lol). Although I was quite far from the stage I was still  able to enjoy the show and was most definitely turning up to the sound of my bae... Wizkid.  I must say Patoranking didn't really shut down like I thought he would in his performance. It was actually quite uncomfortable to watch but I guess he's still new in the game. Olamide did his thing, performing his headliners 'Shoki Remix' and 'Turn Up'. Wizkid performance was of course my favorite. As many people would agree, he completely shut down, blew up and dismantled the stage with his performance... like he always does! *sigh* bae... Whilst I was there I actually bumped in to another artist I admire. Guess who it was... Moelogo! For those of you who don't know, Moelogo is an up and coming UK Afrobeats artist. He's doing big things already with one of his most well know track featuring the UK Grime artist Giggs. Luckily he was kind enough to stop and take a photo with both my friend and I which is posted on my personal instagram page @ajobi_. A truly humble character.

The event is touring 5 different venues across the UK and will be in Nottingham on the 20th of  February 2015 and Glasgow on the 21st and 22nd so don't miss out!

God Bless.

Photo of the Night
Instagram Feed

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot fun! Im sure Wizkid def killed it! Love your African necklace too...been lookin for one like that for some time..Thanks again for stopping by my blog! :)

    PoshNPetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete